El Ciber

Segunda Temporada

12.7.04

When I talk whit mexicans they say things I don't understand.
This is a transcription of a chat with a local guy:

Me: Buenos tarde, amigo
Local Guy: Eh? Qué?
M: Perdonar el molestia...cuál hora tiene?
LG: Ira, ira. Inche gringo pendejo, ni sabe hablar
M: (Laugh) I know the meaning of that word. "Pendejo"
LG: Pendejo quién? Eh? Gringuito? Pendejo quién, pendejo?
M: Yes, yes. "Pendejo" is the word. A funny word actually. "Pendejo" (Laugh).
LG: Te estás pasando de verdura, gringuito
M: Verdura? Oh, like vegetables. What's that other funny thing you guys like to say? Oh, oh, I get it. "Te gusta el camote".

The guy didn't finish the chat. He just hit me and my left eye is closed.
Mexicans. I'll find the way to become one of you, guys.
I will.

FRANK O. JONES